Who, Me?

My photo
Art Works/Images © Eun K. Ju. I'm an illustrator in South Korea. You can contact me at: euniekj@gmail.com

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Starting Life Drawing Again

I used to attend the life drawing class for 5-6 hours every week for 2 years when I lived in New York but I haven't been practising since I moved to London... I'm thinking about starting it again.

I once went to the free life drawing session at my university. I felt like it was my first time drawing the figures so I told myself, "I've lost my touch so I need to practice more from now on" but I couldn't go back because I felt extremely intimidated by the tutor there. She wouldn't leave me alone to correct all my mistakes. It was annoying. I would have listened to her nagging with patience if I actually had been in her drawing class for a long time. Then she had every damn right to tell me that I sucked at drawing.

I was totally disappointed in myself when I went to The Prince's Drawing School on Monday. At least the tutor there was very helpful. She actually gave me a constructive criticism. She indirectly pointed out my mistake so I can notice it by myself. If I didn't notice it, then who cares? That means I need more practice.

I'm going back there every Monday from now on. The only thing I didn't like about this free life drawing session at The Prince's Drawing School???
...I wish it was more than 3 hours.

I'll be posting up my life drawings from now on. I hope I'll see some improvements. I heard that the last class is in the last week of June, but I'll still be drawing from life during the summer (I'll go to the park and draw people... Or maybe draw myself naked??? ahahaha! I'll find some alternatives!!).

10 May 2010
Ink with brush, sketchbook


10 May 2010
Water-soluble Pencil, Sugar Paper
A2

Gahh, the quality of the pictures is bad. Oh well, it doesn't really matter anyway since my drawings suck in the first place =P

1 comment:

  1. lol.....go you...send us a link...myabe well tag along sometime

    ReplyDelete