Who, Me?

My photo
Art Works/Images © Eun K. Ju. I'm an illustrator in South Korea. You can contact me at: euniekj@gmail.com

Saturday, July 4, 2009

The Woman in the Forest (ETCHING)

I fell in love with etching on metal plates. I thought the process was complicated at first, but it was pretty easy once I got the hang of it. I used the cheapest etching tool, but the result (the print) came out great. I chose the sketchbook drawing of "The Woman in the Forest" as a reference because I love the dreamy effect that the print captures. I don't think I could ever express it by drawing with a pen.

This is my first etching plate that I've done around November 2008:

2008
Zinc Metal Plate
30 cm x 21.5 cm


Detailed shot



First try (Before Aquatint):



2008
30 cm x 21.5 cm Zinc Metal Plate
39 cm x 27.5 cm Paper

After Aquatint:



2008
30 cm x 21.5 cm Zinc Metal Plate
39 cm x 27.5 cm Paper

No comments:

Post a Comment